Campus Scenery circa 1886Back
Campus Scenery circa 1886
click image to zoom
Description: This image shows a broad view of campus, including half a dozen buildings and green space. In 1886, campus buildings included: Botanical Laboratory, Armory and drill-room, Greenhouse, Chemical Laboratory, Wells Hall, College Hall, Williams Hall, Boiler House and pumping station, Mechanical Laboratory and workshop, Library and Museum building, Veterinary Laboratory, Astronomical observatory, and the homes of the President, Professor of Engineering, Professor of Entomology, Secretary, Professor of Chemistry, Professor of English Literature, Professor of Botany, Professor of Agriculture, Professor of Horticulture, and Professor of Mechanics.
Original Format: Black and white photograph
Resource Identifier: A004348.jpg
Rights Management: Educational use only, no other permissions given. Copyright to this resource is held by Michigan State University and is provided here for educational purposes only. It may not be reproduced or distributed in any format without written permission of the University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Contributing Institution: University Archives & Historical Collections
Relation: MSU Photograph Collection
Contributor: MSU Archives and Historical Collections
Request a Copy for Purchase