College President Shaw speaks at the Dedication of the Band Shell, 1938Back
College President Shaw speaks at the Dedication of the Band Shell, 1938
click image to zoom
Subjects: People, Presidents, Campus, Buildings
Description: Michigan State College President Robert Sidey Shaw speaks at the 1938 dedication of Band Shell. The statuary is not yet in place. The Band Shell was a gift of the class of 1937. The graduating students raised $2,447 towards the building project that cost $25,000 to complete.
The Band Shell was razed in 1960 to clear land for the construction of Ernst Bessey Hall and the adjacent parking ramp.
Original Format: Black and white photograph
Resource Identifier: A000283.jpg
Rights Management: Educational use only, no other permissions given. Copyright to this resource is held by Michigan State University and is provided here for educational purposes only. It may not be reproduced or distributed in any format without written permission of the University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Contributing Institution: University Archives & Historical Collections, MATRIX
Relation: MSU Photograph Collection
MSU. Buildings. Band Shell.
Contributor: MSU Archives and Historical Collections
Request a Copy for Purchase