Saints' Rest, 1865Back
Saints' Rest, 1865
click image to zoom
Subjects: Campus, Buildings
Description: The photograph shows a view of Saints' Rest. Saints' Rest was the first dormitory on the college campus. It was one of the three buildings completed when the campus opened in 1857. The building burned down in 1876 when students were on winter break. The back of the photograph reads, "Saint's Rest Built 1857 - Burned 1876."
Original Format: Black and white photograph
Resource Identifier: A000290.jpg
Rights Management: Educational use only, no other permissions given. Copyright to this resource is held by Michigan State University and is provided here for educational purposes only. It may not be reproduced or distributed in any format without written permission of the University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Contributing Institution: University Archives & Historical Collections, MATRIX
Relation: MSU Photograph Collection
MSU. Buildings. Saint's Rest
Contributor: MSU Archives and Historical Collections
Request a Copy for Purchase