Timeline - 1856
Title: Construction of College Hall and the boarding hall "Saints' Rest."
Built in 1856, Saint's Rest, the first dormitory, is believed to have been the second building erected on campus. The hall went by numerous nicknames including, the hall, the boarding hall, old hall, or the house. Saint's Rest, to which the hall was largely referred after it was destroyed by fire, was named for a religious book popularly read at the time.
The hall burned during the December 1876 vacation despite the efforts of the Lansing Volunteer Fire Co., which made the run in 45 minutes.
From Gone But Not Forgotten:
Campus Buildings That No Longer Exist