Timeline - July 2011
Date: July 2011
Title: Cherry Lane and Faculty Bricks Apartments Razed
Description: Built in 1948, the Faculty Apartments were each named to commemorate a male alumnus who died in WWII. The faculty members who lived in the Faculty Apartments called them the "bricks" due to the material.
The Cherry Lane Apartments were built in 1956 and 1961. Due to the age and cost to maintain the apartments, the MSU Board of Trustees decided to demolish the buildings.
The demolishing for both apartments began July and ended November 2011.